You’re swiping through a dating app like Tinder or Bumble, and you match with someone who is exactly what you’re looking for. Now comes the difficult part.
The first message can tell a lot about a person, and the wrong first impression can send dates running. Here are ten suggestions for the perfect first line.
1. “In the bathroom selfie you posted, I noticed that we have the same toothbrush!”
Now that you have something in common, conversation will flow smoothly.
If you are an overbearing person known to scare people off quickly, this message is perfect for showing your boring side. After all, don’t we all want someone who loves us for our conformity?
3. “I’m looking to get married, settle down, and have as many children as possible as soon as possible.”
This is a great opening line of your goal is to never date a performer.
4. “We just matched.”
State the obvious because everyone loves it when you force them to direct the conversation without adding anything new.
5. “I listened to Ed Sheeran before he became famous.”
This is sure to impress and attract every single person.
6. “I’m sad and lonely, and you’re the first person who has ever matched with me. Please don’t ignore my message.”
Guilt is always the best strategy to use when finding a date.
7. “I wouldn’t be on this app if my friend hadn’t made me. It’s pretty stupid, am I right?”
This opening line will prove you’re a cool, fun-loving person instead of an insecure mess.
8. “I like to intercourse.”
This is straightforward and shows that you’re not afraid to go for what you want. It’ll attract you some real winners.
9. “It’s nice to meet you. I was valedictorian of my high school class and got the highest SAT score in my town.”
Bragging about your greatest achievements will impress them right off the bat.
10. “I have an 11th toe in the middle of my back, I like to top my ice cream with mustard and my family has a history of Botulism.”
It’s best to get it all out there right away.
If you have any more first message suggestions, comment below!