On Jan. 19, more than 150 students vied for the chance to be in the Spring production of Anything Goes. Having already passed round one of the audition process, hopeful performers sang and danced for over five hours during callbacks.
The evening began with a jazz combination, which was auditioned in groups of 10. Next, students learned a short tap routine. Those called for principles danced first. They then proceeded to the vocal portion, while ensemble members finished their movement auditions.
Students selected for roles had to learn a short section of music from the show. They performed this cut one by one for the panel of judges. After the potential principles had been heard, ensemble auditionees sang their music in groups of eight.
Final casting was announced Jan. 21:
- Katherine Metcalfe and Stephanie Feeback will play “Reno Sweeney.”
- Carley Dickey and Ashton Parrack will play “Hope Harcourt.”
- Kelsey Day and Virginia Newsome will play “Bonnie.”
- Hayley Pickess will play “Mrs. Wadsworth T. Harcourt.”
- Hayden Gray and Payeton Schoenhofer will play “Billy Crocker.”
- Casey Andrews will play “Mooface Martin.”
- Matt Flowers and Ryan Lambert will play “Sir Evelyn Oakleigh.”
- Thomas Hoblin will play “Elisha J. Whitney.”
- Alison Fan and Jin Yu will play Converts.
- Chris Heron will play the Purser.
Performances will be April 21-23 in Kirkpatrick Auditorium in Kirkpatrick Fine Arts Center. Tickets may be purchased online or in person at the OCU box office.