Student Publications won first place in every category for the 2015 edition of The Constellation yearbook at this year’s Oklahoma Collegiate Media Association (OCMA) conference in Stillwater.
The conference was hosted April 1. Adviser Kenna Griffin attended the day-long event with student editors Miguel Rios, Emily Wiley, Maleyia Vaughn, and Lauren Berlingeri.
The staff won first place in yearbook layout and design, content and coverage, photography, theme, and overall yearbook. Amy Fuhrman, 2015 graduate, was the yearbook’s editor. It was the last yearbook Student Publications plans to produce, because of universitywide budget cuts.
The Student Publications staff also won awards for their work on The Campus newspaper, including honorable mention for front page newspaper design. Individual staffers received the following awards:
- Amy Fuhrman and Emily Wiley received second place for team investigative reporting,
- Maleyia Vaughn received second place for investigative reporting,
- Emily Wiley received third place for investigative reporting and an honorable mention for feature writing,
- Donovan Lawson received an honorable mention for feature photography, and
- Sage Tokach received an honorable mention for general news writing and reporting.
The Student Publications staff competed against larger universities including the Oklahoma State University for the awards.
Because of problems with outside judges submitting award decisions, all newspaper categories, including overall newspaper, have not been judged. The Student Publications staff hopes to still receive additional awards for The Campus newspaper.
For more information about Student Publications, call (405) 208-6068 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.