Everyone recognizes the historical facts and mad rhymes that Lin-Manuel Miranda provides in the new Broadway hit Hamilton. However, audience members often overlook the most useful part: the pickup lines.
Here are the top ten pickup lines sure to get you into the room where it happens. They won’t know how to say no to this:
1. If it takes fighting a war for us to meet, it will have been worth it
Note: This is sure to melt some hearts, but it might not have context unless you’re associated with the military. Don’t worry. There are plenty more options.
2. When you said hi, I forgot my dang name. You set my heart aflame.
Note: This only works if the other person says hi first.
3. You walked in, and my heart went boom
Note: Not everyone appreciates the true genius of the onomatopoeia. Perhaps use your phone for sound effects.
4. You got me helpless. I look into your eyes and the sky’s the limit
Note: Do not use this if they are wearing sunglasses.
5. I think your pants look hot, [insert name here], I like you a lot
Note: This works best with two-syllable names. Also, they must be wearing pants. If they aren’t, you’re job is already halfway done!
6. No stress, my love for you is never in doubt.
Note: This might not be the best line to start out with. Build up to it.
7. Meet me inside
Note: This is a bit forward, but it helps if your friends help you out by whisper-chanting “Meet ’em inside.”
8. I would send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love
Note: Many people feel frightened by guns.
9. When you smile, you knock me out, I fall apart
Note: This is a good one.
If somehow nothing works, try one last time with a simple:
10. Relax, have a drink with me
Note: All of these will be 100% more successful if you provide a pair of Hamilton tickets.