Student Publications received 11 awards at the Oklahoma Collegiate Media Association (OCMA) conference April 5 in Stillwater.
The awards were:
- First place in Overall Yearbook for the 2012 edition of The Constellation yearbook,
- First place in Yearbook Content and Coverage for the 2012 edition of The Constellation,
- First place in Yearbook Theme for the 2012 edition of The Constellation,
- First place in Sports Writing by Farris Willingham for reporting in The Campus,
- Second place in Editorial Writing by Susannah Waite for editorials published in The Campus,
- Second place in Online Newspaper for MediaOCU.com,
- Second place in Multimedia Storytelling by Rachel Morse on MediaOCU.com,
- Third place in Yearbook Photography in the 2012 edition of The Constellation,
- Third place in General New Writing by Susannah Waite in The Campus,
- Third place in Interior Page Design in The Campus, and
- Honorable Mention in Overall Newspaper for The Campus.
The Student Publications staff competed against larger universities including the University of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State University for the awards.
“I am thrilled with the competitive nature of this year’s awards and how well Student Publications performed against larger schools with bigger media staffs,” said Kenna Griffin, assistant professor of mass communications and director of student publications. “It’s always rewarding to see our students’ hard work recognized.”
For more information about Student Publications, call (405) 208-6068 or email email@example.com.