By Nathan Hatcher, Editor-in-Chief
Senate met at 8 p.m. April 19 in the Great Hall in Tom and Brenda McDaniel University Center.
SGA President Emma Velez and Marcus Sams, vice president of Student Activities Council, spoke on behalf of the candidates before senators made their vote.
Appointed officers are as follows:
- Katie Alsup – Chief of Staff
- Vicky Murphy – Secretary of Finance
- Nic Evans – Secretary of External Relations
- Chris Macella – Secretary of Internal Relations
- Ryan Schwartzman – Secretary of Policies and Initiatives
- Andrew Holder – Secretary of Public Relations
Student Activities Council
- Liz Kinney – Homecoming Commissioner
- Ali Pavlich – Chief Commissioner
- Jalisa Ross – Secretary of Student Senate
Senators approved all appointments by consent.
Senators also voted to appoint a new President Pro Tempore, a position formerly held by Sarah Cook, vice president of Student Senate.
Sens. Edwards Ayo-Odugbesan (international) and Ciera Terry (theater) were nominated for the position and were each interviewed by Cook before the Senate meeting.
The nominees answered questions from senators about their qualifications for the position.
Cook tallied the votes and announced Sen. Ayo-Odugbesan as the new Senate President Pro Tempore.
Cook concluded the meeting by presenting senators with a Senate Overview which outlined the expectations of senators for their position on Senate.
* Senate meetings are hosted weekly at 8 p.m. on Tuesdays.
** Follow OCUStuPub on Twitter for live tweets from the meetings.